Welcome to where I'll be posting my logos. I will post old logos as I dig them up and get them scanned, and post new ones whenever I make any.

Sunday 31 May 2020

Kokain



Kokain - Danish for cocaine - is a Danish hardcore punk band. Their style is really energetic and fast. This is the final version of the logo, although from very early in the process the lettering had already taken a form like this.

I drew it by hand and adjusted angles in photoshop. Made mid 2020.

The first sketch version was the block-style sans-serif lettering with a razor blade. Kokain wanted to use the razor but didn't like the block font, and thus the new version was born. However the new style of the logo doesn't fit with the razor very well, and having it read as a razor blade while still retaining some legibility in the logo doesn't fit very well together, as you can see below.




No comments:

Post a Comment