Welcome to where I'll be posting my logos. I will post old logos as I dig them up and get them scanned, and post new ones whenever I make any.

Sunday 31 May 2020

Belligerent


A new logo I did mid 2020 for a Danish upcoming black/thrash metal band.

They wanted something based off of a classic blackletter font, but I wanted to make it a little more standout. So I experimented a little with letter heights and composition while focusing on keeping the general aesthetic of the font.

My original sketch had a wider spacing between letters and also a dot over the i. The dot made the left side of the logo very heavy compared to the right, so it had to go.

I drew up a sketch by hand using a flat-style Faber Castell calligraphy felt pen, then scanned it an adjusted letter thickness, angles and spacing. Then I printed it and redrew the logo to give it a more personal and less computerised feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment